Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time Changes Everything...

I was sitting in my last class of the semester night before last, writing the date on my paper, and realized it had been exactly two years since I had graduated from Texas A&M University. Reminiscing on the wonderful years spent there, I also remembered how on that day I vowed that I would never step foot in a college classroom again. At that point, I had already been accepted to grad. school, and changed my mind once again to not go... realizing the years of schooling that would still be ahead of me. The plan was to find a decent paying job in this small town and live happily ever after. But, time changes everything.

Little did I know, my fairytale had a few not-so-happy scenes.

We moved this tiny, south Texas town in September and soon we were married on November 10th. The details of our first year of marriage are quite lengthy, and not exactly something that brings a smile to everyone's face...but, time changes everything.

I quit my "enoyable" job in Cuero due to health reasons and after two weeks of umemployment I was already scanning the paper relentlessly, just hoping a job would come my way... I was bored! I found my current job, applied, and was hired the next day. I loved my job, my co-workers, everything....but, time changes everything!

Realizing that 2009 HAD to be a better year, a much different year than 2008... I vowed to my family and husband that I was going to get my teacher's certification. I had put it off long enough, and it was what I wanted to do! So, here I am back in college...because time changes everything!

Now, with two classes down and only two to go, I am absolutely ecstatic about having a classroom, having students, and finally earning a decent paycheck again :) Yes, I am saying that teaching earns a decent paycheck....because compared to now, IT DOES!

So basically, all I am trying to say is that two years ago, I would have NEVER thought my life would have taken the twists and turns that it did... and I surely never thought it would come full circle, back to where I started. But hey, time changes everything!!

I just wanted to share to a picture of summer 2008 compared to summer 2009...


*******please, if you have a weak stomach, do not look any futher!!!!********


a pic my mom took of me the day i got home after spending a week in the hospital. those are the tubes used to give me dialysis.

and this is me in mexico on july 4th!!! ... time changes everything!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amen and no one is happier that time changes everything than your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back in action girl...your better that way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got around to reading blogs. love you sister. you are a fighter. :)

    ReplyDelete